Content Marketing Specialist
Wanted: YOU, if you are a content and social media marketing specialist who can work across print and digital media, deliver consistent communications and branding, and write exceptional content!
Health First Network: Content Marketing Specialist (Part-Time Contract, 3-4 days/week)
We are seeking a content and social media marketer to fill the role of Content Marketing Specialist on a part-time, contract basis.
About Us: Health First Network is a Canada-wide organization of independent natural health and wellness retailers whose passion is to help people in their communities live healthier lives. The Members in our Network offer a broad range of select natural health supplements, organic foods, and health and beauty aids, along with the Health First brand of specialty natural health products. For over 20 years, Health First Network has been serving Canadian communities with personalized advice and end-to-end natural health solutions.
About You: You are an enthusiastic content and social media marketer with 3-5 years of experience, including hands-on experience in e-newsletter development. You are able to work collaboratively with a marketing team to help create a consistent voice and messaging across marketing channels. Above all, you love writing and are fastidious about English spelling and grammar.
Fundamental Aspects of the Job:
1. Content Creation: We hope you’re a great writer as we’ve got lots of opportunities to produce creative content! In this role, you will create and monitor a content calendar and production schedule to ensure we are consistently on track to meet production deadlines. HFN delivers a host of communications to and through our Member retail channel, including our monthly flyer, Member e-newsletters, POS materials, video and digital assets, seasonal health guides, and product info sheets.
You will use your English writing skills to develop and edit content for a variety of media in support of marketing campaigns, including print, social, email, video, and web. Knowledge of French is a definite asset as we produce all materials in both official languages.
2. E-Marketing Program: HFN sends biweekly e-newsletters to thousands of subscribers. Your role will be to support the Marketing Programs Manager by editing content, testing links and scheduling e-newsletter campaigns in MailChimp.
3. HFN Website: We’re launching a brand new website in spring of 2021 and your responsibility will be to help maintain and develop new content on an on-going basis.
4. Social Media Marketing: We’re looking for a person who has grown up with and loves social media! You will create content for and schedule HFN social media posts (primarily on Facebook and Instagram) using Hootsuite.
5. Performance Measurement: You will assist the Marketing Programs Manager in collecting analytics information to report on the performance of marketing campaigns, assess performance against goals, and use this information to help improve and develop new campaigns and marketing initiatives.
6. Experience in the Natural Health Industry: While not a requirement, the ideal candidate will have worked in the natural health industry in a marketing role and may have a background education in holistic nutrition or healing.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, content marketing, digital media, public relations, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in content and digital/social media marketing
- Impeccable English writing skills and the ability to write compelling content that engages, informs, and motivates our target audiences
- Hands-on experience with e-newsletter development using Mailchimp or other email marketing platform
- Experience with social media platforms, ad placement platforms, and analytics (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Experience with Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, MailChimp, and WordPress
- Education in holistic nutrition and/or natural health products
- Bilingual capacity or working knowledge of the French language
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Character: If you are collaborative with a team-first philosophy and all-hands-on-deck attitude, we want to talk to you! Preference will be given to candidates with start-up or small-company experience who would love to make their mark in the natural health industry!
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Employment Type: Part-Time Contract (3-4 days/week)
Please send resume and writing portfolio, along with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Marketing Specialist”. We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact with those selected for an interview.