An Insurance Policy for Aging Gracefully
Multivitamins never go out of style! No matter your age, supporting your body with a well-rounded multivitamin and mineral supplement formula can make sure your nutritional bases are covered.
As we get older, we’re dealt some new challenges. But worry less about reduced nutrient absorption, metabolic shifts, and declining bone density by complementing a healthy, active lifestyle with the right multivitamin for your age.
What You Need in a Multivitamin
Getting adequate amounts of vitamins B, C, D, E, magnesium, calcium, and zinc is important every single day!
Did you know that…
- B vitamins, especially pantothenic acid, B5, are vital for converting food into fuel! You can help maintain a healthy metabolism with daily B complex supplements, which are water-soluble and not stored by the body. Some studies also show that B5 can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Magnesium fuels more than 300 bodily processes! By taking a daily magnesium dietary supplement–often more bioavailable than what’s found in food–you can fight oxidative stress and other age-related conditions.
And because our needs change with different phases of life, it’s important that your multivitamin change along with you.
If you are a man over 50, you also want to look out for a formula that contains lycopene. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant known for its positive impact on prostate health.
If you are a woman over 50, ginkgo biloba may help to enhance memory and cognitive function, keeping you alert on the foggiest days. Plus, it can support peripheral circulation.
A good multivitamin contains more than just vital nutrients, it also combines them in ways that make them work optimally together.
Multivitamin Heroes and Heroines
As we age, getting enough calcium for bone health is important. But did you know that calcium is best when paired with magnesium in a 2:1 calcium-to-magnesium ratio? Magnesium helps bolster bone density and prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
Why Should a Multivitamin Be Age-Specific?
Men, women, children, and seniors all have different needs when it comes to nutrients and dosages.
Our multivitamins formulated specifically for those who are over 50 address:
- Energy metabolism
- Collagen formation to maintain healthy bones
- Normal muscle function, including the heart
- Cognitive function
- Liver function, as well as prostate health in males
- Relieve joint pain associated with conditions like arthritis
Your daily care doesn’t end there, though.
A multivitamin isn’t a magic cure-all and it’s important to support it with certain lifestyle adjustments.
- A healthy diet ensures your nutritional needs are met in food as well as supplement form. Include fruits and vegetables, lean protein and plenty of omega-3 fatty acids. Avoid overconsumption of saturated fats and sugars to keep your body in peak form.
- Daily physical activity also keeps the body functioning properly. Weight-bearing exercises to support strong bones and always adequate rest and recovery.
- Plan for habit-stacking strategies when adding supplements to your routine. For example, take them at the same time every morning or as you wait for the kettle to boil.
Choose a multivitamin that covers the basics and is tailored to your age. A well-formulated multivitamin will have your best interests in mind and contain other relevant nutrients!
Health First Men’s 50 Plus Multi Supreme and Women’s 50 Plus Multi Supreme are thoughtfully crafted with nutrients supporting the overall health and well-being of individuals aged 50 and up. They contain active forms of all B vitamins, which make them more efficiently absorbed than inactive Bs, as well as Aquamin™, an easily absorbable source of calcium and magnesium that has been shown to help maintain healthy bones.
Trademarked Kaneka Ubiquinol®, a bioidentical form of CoQ10 with superior bioavailability, is also in both formulas to support cardiovascular health. And the final component of these unique formulas is ElderCraft® European black elderberry, which helps relieve joint pain and fortify your immune system.