Testosterone and the Aging Male
Did you know that testosterone levels decrease in men starting in their twenties? Total testosterone levels are highest in the early twenties and then start to decline at the rate of approximately 1% per year. This drop in total testosterone is gradual and the effects are not necessarily noticed for some time. What appears to be more relevant is the drop in free testosterone; this is the active form of testosterone that is not bound in the blood to the protein, sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). This protein limits the amount of free (active) testosterone by hooking up to it, making it unavailable to tissue. As men get older, the mechanisms for freeing enough testosterone begin to shut down.
How is testosterone made:
- The hypothalamus releases gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) which stimulates luteinizing hormone release from the pituitary gland and initiates testosterone production.
- The pituitary gland release luteinizing hormone to the testes where is signals the Leydig cells to synthesize and secrete testosterone.
- Leydig cells are in the testes and they release testosterone.
The process is complicated and can be inhibited by factors including diet, exercise, stress, environmental factors, age, and well-being.
New Prairie Naturals Test Force is formulated with therapeutic doses of Standardized extracts of: Fenugreek, Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris, Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, ZMA, Chamomile and Hesperidin Complex which support the biological systems that encourage optimal natural testosterone levels.
Test Force helps to:
- Increase the release of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus gland.
- Increase testosterone production by stimulating luteinizing hormone release from the pituitary gland.
- Provides the nutrients to support greater testosterone production in Leydig cells.
- Prevent the biodegradation of testosterone by the liver.
- Block the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- Block the conversion of testosterone to estrogen by inhibiting aromatase
- Increase free testosterone which binds to androgen receptors stimulating:
- Increased protein synthesis
- Increased growth hormone
- Greater activation of satellite cells
- Increase rate of new muscle fiber formation.
Stress is one of the factors that prevent men from producing optimal amounts of testosterone. Stress is a leading factor in heart disease & mental health disorders for men. According to Stats Canada, 30% of men & women among the 35 to 54 age group report feelings of “extreme stress.” Stress diminishes quality of life and health. Long-term exposure to stress has serious negative health implications.
Men often ignore the signs of stress out of concern for appearing weak but early signs of stress including low energy, mild to severe depression, weight gain especially around the mid-section, depressed immune response, or muscle loss have long term effects. These symptoms are all related to hormonal imbalance and dropping testosterone levels. Stress causes an increase in cortisol which reduces testosterone production and in fact effects the entire endocrine (hormone) system.
All these symptoms, and many more may be a sign of poorly functioning adrenal glands. The adrenal glands regulate our body’s response to stress. They regulate blood sugar, blood pressure, sex hormone production, mineral balance, thyroid function, digestion, stress hormones, urine production and your immune system. With such important roles in the body, it is important that these glands stay healthy.
New Stress Force for Men targets the adrenal gland and supports hormonal balance by helping to control cortisol levels. Formulated with bovine adrenal gland cortex; an extract of adrenal glands from animals that provide all the functional enzymes within the gland. These glandular ingredients may be the most important factor in supporting your body’s ability to respond to stress by restoring the organ itself.
Fortified with Rhodiola extract and L- Tyrosine. Rhodiola rosea has been used for years in herbal medicine to address stress. The best part about this herb is it is active at reducing fatigue in doses as low as 50mg. Tyrosine is used by the body to produce three very important compounds – dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (aka noradrenaline and adrenaline). During times of stress a ready supply of tyrosine makes sure your body won’t be short on these important signals that regulate mood, energy, attention, memory and cognition.
Activated Vitamin B Complex
The conversion of tyrosine into these important compounds requires a lot of chemistry. Most of these reactions involve at least one B vitamin. Not all B vitamins are created equal, some versions of a B vitamin are more metabolically active.
Stress Force for Men supports healthy adrenal function and helps provide relief from symptoms of mental and physical stress.
- Helps support cognitive function and mental stamina
- Improves energy and reduces feelings of fatigue and weakness
- Supports recovery and healing
- Supports healthy immune function
Test Force and Stress Force can be used together to support hormonal health and increase natural free testosterone levels in men of all ages.