Thriving on a Plant-Based Diet
More people are incorporating plant-based meals into their day-to-day lives, and are thriving as a result! Following a plant-based diet means including foods primarily from plants, such as: fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, oil, whole grains, lentils & legumes!
Turning to a more plant-based eating and mindfulness lifestyle can have a profound impact on our health and wellness. The benefits of being plant based are endless. Not only does it encourage us to explore new foods and preparation methods, being plant-based also decreases the risk of chronic disease. Meeting all our nutritional needs is important, however it can be difficult given the increasing demands from everyday life that include feelings of stress and burn-out, which are at an all-time high!
Two major problems people are experiencing these days are:
- Being stressed out (physically and mentally), and having difficulty recovering efficiently.
- Feeling burnt out and having trouble mustering the energy and motivation to start everyday activities.
While it can be tempting to stay stuck in bad routines and rely on coffee or a sweet treat to get you through the day, we think there is a better way. To address these challenges, here are a few tips:
- Eat balanced meals: include plant protein (chickpeas, lentils, tofu etc.), carbohydrates (rice, whole grains, root vegetables), healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados) and a variety of fruits and vegetables in every meal.
- Stay active: try to incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily, to increase blood flow and oxygen throughout the body.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation to keep stress levels down.
- Incorporate Iron Vegan Superfoods & Greens, Balanced Energy & Rebound Recovery Blends into your daily routine
Iron Vegan has formulated new functional food blends. Broadening the scope of ingredients to include mushrooms like: chaga, cordyceps, reishi, and lion’s mane; adaptogens like holy basil, ashwagandha, and additional herbs like turmeric and maca. These blends were created to help with sustained energy throughout your day.
The new Iron Vegan SuperFoods & Greens use the power of functional food ingredients like organic mushrooms & sprouted grains/seeds, land & sea vegetables, plant-sourced digestive aids, which all provide a source of antioxidants!1 Sweetened with stevia and monk fruit, SuperFoods & Greens™ comes in two flavours, Unflavoured and Pineapple Orange, making it convenient to add into your favourite smoothie/shake or just with water!1
New Iron Vegan Balanced Energy Blends can be taken anytime during the day to help increase energy.2 The Balanced Energy Blend is designed to help you gear-up by providing adaptogen support, that not only increases energy levels but also combats mental fatigue.2 The ingredient line-up includes organic cordyceps, organic reishi, organic lion’s mane, astragalus, and maca.2
It is also important to promote relaxation and relieve inflammation, so one’s body can perform at its best. After all, if we continue to push the body without effective rest, burnout is likely to occur. This is where Iron Vegan Rebound Recovery shines. It includes ingredients such as Turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory to help relieve joint pain.3 Iron Vegan Rebound Recovery puts your body and mind into an optimal self state.
The Iron Vegan SuperFoods & Greens, Balanced Energy Blends and Rebound Recovery Blend are easy to take: simply add a scoop to a shaker cup with water, and consume once a day. They are the perfect addition to your routine.