Production Graphic Designer
Wanted: YOU, if you are a graphic designer who is skilled in layout and design execution, whether it’s in print or digital format!
Health First Network: Production Graphic Designer (One-Year Maternity Leave Contract)
We are seeking a Production Graphic Designer to join our HFN marketing team on a one-year maternity leave contract.
About Us: Health First Network is a Canada-wide organization of independent natural health and wellness retailers whose passion is to help people in their communities live healthier lives. The Members in our Network offer a broad range of select natural health supplements, organic foods, and health and beauty aids, along with the Health First brand of specialty natural health products. For over 20 years, Health First Network has been serving Canadian communities with personalized advice and end-to-end natural health solutions.
About You: You are a graphic designer with at least 3 years of experience in creative, layout and design execution and hands-on experience in e-newsletter development. You are able to work collaboratively and easily accept creative direction from team members.
Fundamental Aspects of the Job:
- One of HFN’s core Member services is its Flyer Program: we produce a monthly flyer in both English and French that’s delivered to consumers across the country. You will assist our Flyer Program Lead as needed with design work related to the Flyer Program.
- HFN has an E-Marketing Program that sends biweekly e-newsletters to thousands of subscribers: your role will be to support the Marketing Programs Manager by developing creative and building campaigns and carousels in MailChimp.
- Communications to HFN Members is a critical component of our business: we send 2 e-newsletters out monthly and you will handle all aspects of building and deploying these newsletters via MailChimp.
- Creative and design work: HFN delivers a host of communications to and through our Member retail channel, including POS and conference materials, print and digital advertising, seasonal magazines, product info sheets, and a product catalogue. As part of the graphics department, you will both assist and take the lead on many of these design projects.
What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- At least 3 years of experience as a graphic designer in a production role
- Strong typography skills in both print and online media
- Hands-on experience with e-newsletter layout in MailChimp or other email marketing platforms
- Proficiency on the Macintosh and the full suite of design software (Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Professional)
- The ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and manage the timely delivery of work against tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and team player
- Passion for design excellence, strong work ethic, and a “do-what-it-takes” attitude
If you are collaborative with a team-first philosophy and all-hands-on-deck approach, we want to talk to you! Preference will be given to candidates with start-up or small-company experience who would love to join a small but mighty team that works hard – and has a healthy dose of fun!
Start Date: June 2021
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Employment Type: One-Year, Full-Time Contract
Please send resume and portfolio of design work, along with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Graphic Designer”. We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact with those selected for an interview.