Summer Superfood Recipes
We are all about the proper social distancing but that doesn’t mean we are going to forego the opportunity to get together with our friends and family in the backyard. For a delicious and nutritious twist on some of your favourite summertime treats try out these amazing organic superfood enhanced recipes.
1) Mix powders, water, and sparkling water or ginger ale in a large pitcher.
2) Add chopped fruit and stir.
3) Allow to marinate, chilled, for at least 30 minutes.
4) Makes 3-4 full glasses.
Superfood Pesto Flatbread
2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half
3 tsp of Olive Oil
4 (2-Ounces Each) Multigrain Flatbreads
1/4 Cup SuperFood Pesto (see recipe below)
4 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella, Shredded
4 Cups Loosely Packed Baby Arugula Leaves
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (Optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Combine the grape tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of olive oil, tossing to coat. Place the tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until softened. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
3) Place the flatbreads on 2 baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each flatbread. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes. Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4) While the flatbreads bake, combine the arugula and remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, tossing well. Top the flatbreads evenly with arugula. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, if desired.
1 Cup Raw Cashews
1 Cup Basil Leaves
3/4 Cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Prairie Naturals Organic Aqua Greens Powder
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 a Lemon’s Juice
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1) Soak cashews in warm water for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2) Drain cashews. Add to food processor with basil and garlic.
3) Pulse until cashews are finely chopped.
4) Add yeast, Aqua Greens, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
5) Gradually add oil with the food processor running on low.
6) Serve as a dip with crackers, add to pasta, flatbreads or spiralize a zucchini to make healthy green noodles.
1 Large Ripe Avocado
1 Small Tomato, Diced
1/2 Small Onion, Minced
1/2 a Lime’s Juice
1 tsp Prairie Naturals Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1) Peel a ripe avocado and smash with a fork.
2) Finely chop half onion and dice small tomato.
3) Mix well combined ingredients.
4) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Moringa.
5) Squeeze half a lime’s juice over the Moringa powder.
6) Add salt & pepper to taste.
7) Mix well and enjoy