How to Increase Energy and Support Immune Health
A lot has changed over the past 8 months. A lot is happening in the world and as a result our lifestyle has undergone significant shifts – shifts that have all too often been accompanied by increased stress and anxiety.
- We’re more stressed than usual.
- We’re trying to find our way back to a healthy routine.
- And, not surprisingly, many of us are interested in finding ways to support a healthy immune system as we head into fall and winter.
With this in mind, Health First and Genuine Health have partnered to support you with two of our favourite products for increasing energy and immune support this season.
If you’re feeling more tired than usual, like you can’t focus and you just need a boost—you’re not alone. “Constant” stress is felt by more than twice as many Canadians during the pandemic as before.
Genuine Health created greens+ extra energy to feed your body the nutrition and adaptogens it needs for a noticeable boost of energy with no crash. greens+ extra energy is unique in that it addresses the root causes of why you may feel low energy in the first place and helps to give your body support during stressful times. Here’s what you’ll find in each scoop:
- Plants– each scoop has one full serving of greens+ original, with 23 superfoods and botanicals proven to increase energy at the cellular level.
- Energy-boosting and stress-busting herbs – with kola nut seed extract for natural caffeine, rhodiola and astragalus to combat negative effects of mental and physical stress while improving mental focus and performance, and suma root (Brazilian ginseng) for anxiety, fatigue and stress.
- Vitamins– with vitamin C for healthy adrenal function and vitamin B6 for glucose metabolism.
- Amino acids – with taurine for physical and mental energy, muscular energy, endurance and psychological resiliency without over-stimulation, and glycine to help regulate blood sugar for sustained energy.
- Minerals – with chromium, an essential mineral important for proper insulin function and sugar metabolism.
greens+ extra energy in natural orange is delicious and mixes easily into smoothies or just water. Try it…
- As an energizing start to your day
- Instead of that second (or third) coffee of the day
- Rather than an energy drink
- Before your workout for a performance boost!
- To help increase focus and alertness without a crash
- For a mid-afternoon pick-me-up
Immune health is also on everyone’s minds these days. If you’ve ever noticed that you feel healthier in the summer, it is likely because you’ve had a daily dose of the “Sunshine Vitamin,” also known as vitamin D!
As we head into darker fall and winter days, we Canadians can often become deficient in this very important vitamin—impacting both our immune system and mood (and even our bone and hormone health).
Since 2020 over 65 published studies have investigated vitamin D’s potential benefits in supporting our immune system through the current cold and flu season. Overall, individuals who had adequate serum vitamin D levels were less likely to experience severe cold and flu symptoms. Another great season to ensure you’re getting enough vitamin D!
Genuine Health and Health First have made it easier than ever to get both of these products! For a limited time*, when you buy greens+ extra energy, you’ll get a FREE vitamin D 2,500 IU to help you stay healthy this season!
*Offer exclusive to participating Health First Network Member stores. Promotion ends December 31st or while quantities last!
MAKE THIS! Green Energy Smoothie
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 cup milk
- 1 scoop greens+ extra energy
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple, frozen
- Topping: chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with a sprinkling of chia seeds.