Honey for Health: Five Reasons You Need This Superfood in your Home
Whether you love it drizzled over dessert, stirred into tea, or as a healthy substitute in baking, we can all agree that a bottle of honey should have a special spot reserved in your kitchen.
Here are five surprising ways you can use honey for health improvements.
1. Soothe Burns: One misstep with the kitchen stove and a nasty burn can happen. Instead of pasty cream and dish towels, reach for the honey pot! If you apply a careful layer of honey to a minor kitchen burn, it soothes the sting and has an anti-inflammatory effect. You’ll be back baking and cooking in no time.
2. Cough Suppressor: The tell-tale sign of a cold sneaking up on you is a tickle in the throat that quickly turns into a cranky cough. Instead of chemical-filled medicine, reach for the honey pot! A spoonful of thick honey can coat your irritated throat while the sweetness can trigger certain nerves that make your throat less sensitive to the cough impulse.
3. Sleep Aid: Heading to bed with tomorrow’s To-Do List looming and worried about attaining a good night’s sleep? Instead of tossing and turning, reach for the honey pot! A little bit of honey before bed can act like tryptophan in the body, that magic ingredient in turkey that makes us need a nap after Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Help Heal Wounds: Remember when you put that honey on your kitchen burn? Instead of wiping it off and rinsing with water, reach back again for the honey pot! Not only does honey help ease the sting, honey helps keep the wound moist. This allows the wound to get exposure to oxygen and helps activate anti-bacterial properties. Cover the wound gently with a Band-Aid, and you’ll be healed in no time!
5. Boost Your Immunity: As the seasons change, with the shift in weather, it’s the perfect breeding grounds for illness. Instead of succumbing to seasonal colds, reach for the honey pot! If you start each day with a warm glass of water flavoured with lemon and raw honey, you have a fighting chance against germs. How does it work? Phytonutrients in raw honey have antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help boost your immune system and fight sickness.
At Honibe®, we create our all natural lozenges, Honibe® honey gummies™, honey delights, and honey drops with our unfiltered PEI honey. Did you know that the gift from a honeybee can do so much more health-wise for humans?
Honibe® is proud to introduce a brand new product JUST for kids! Honibe® HoneyPops™ are the first all-natural honey-based lollipop for sore throat and nasal congestion. Pure Canadian honey is always our first ingredient. We use our own patented process to dehydrate honey into a pure solid form; encapsulating all of its naturally occurring health benefits with no added sugar, artificial colours or sweeteners. HoneyPops™ contain only up to 4 ingredients or less in each of our delicious flavours: strawberry, cherry, lemon and pure honey. They are free from gluten and Kosher certified. Your kids will love the taste, and you’ll love how HoneyPops™ make them feel better fast!
We use our own patented technology to dehydrate honey into a pure solid form, encapsulating all of its naturally occurring health benefits PLUS all of these listed below:
- Sweetened by honey, no added sugar
- Up to only 4 ingredients in each flavour
- 100% natural ingredients
- Made in Canada
- Kid-friendly format
- Soothes sore throat and nasal congestion