Finding the Omega-3 That’s Right for You
In recent times, the word “health” has become a main topic of conversation. Whether you’re looking to support your cardiovascular and eye health, or you’re just looking to maintain your health day to day, you have most likely heard of omega-3 fatty acids.
It’s true what they say, omega-3s may help benefit your health in several ways.
What exactly are omega-3s you might ask? Omega-3s are fatty acids that are considered essential, meaning your body doesn’t produce them on its own, so you must consume these fatty acids through food or with supplements.
There are three key omega-3s; EPA, DHA and ALA. EPA and DHA come from fish while ALA comes from plant foods and can be converted to EPA and DHA in the body. All omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats and the health benefits from EPA and DHA range from supporting cardiovascular health, cognitive & brain function, and even help support the development of brain, eyes and nerves.
Omega-3s can also be beneficial for a variety of specific health conditions. The new Targeted Omega-3 line from NutraSea provides products that are designed to support specific health conditions. They have launched their Targeted Omega-3 line which includes NutraSea Arthritis, NutraSea ADHD, NutraSea Dry Eye and NutraVege Prenatal.
NutraSea is Canada’s favourite liquid omega-3 brand1 because they manufacture some of the world’s best omega-3 products in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. They have a comprehensive portfolio of omega-3 products defined by purity, potency, and great taste.
Their new Targeted Omega-3 products provide symptom support for specific conditions and need states with Health Canada authorized claims. The benefits of each product are stated directly on the label, making it easy to help you select the right product for your lifestyle.
Let’s take a closer look at the NEW Targeted Omega-3 line, starting with NutraSea ADHD:
- May help reduce symptoms associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in school-age children
- Each serving contains 940 mg of EPA+DHA, 80 mg GLA, and 500 IU vitamin D3
- Available in a delicious citrus punch flavour
- Adolescents and children 5 and older take 1 teaspoon a day
- Helps to reduce the pain of rheumatoid arthritis in conjunction with conventional therapy
- Each serving contains 2800 mg of EPA+DHA
- Available in a delicious citrus flavour
- Adults 19 years and older take 1.5 teaspoon a day
- Formulated to support a healthy pregnancy as well as neural and vision development in an infant when used during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Each serving contains 700 mg of algal-sourced EPA+DHA
- 100% vegetarian formula in a delicious lemon ginger flavour
- Adults 19 years and older take 1 teaspoon a day
NutraSea Dry Eye
- Helps relieve and improve dry eye symptoms including support for proper tear function
- Each serving contains 1500 mg of EPA+DHA and 150 mg of GLA
- Available in both liquid and soft gel format
- The liquid format is a delicious citrus flavour and the soft gels have a fresh mint flavour
When deciding which omega-3 is right for you, it’s important to know that NutraSea is committed to guaranteeing their products are analyzed for purity and potency. Each product goes through third-party testing to ensure that what you read on the label matches the product inside. You can check the results on PureCheck for yourself by simply entering the product lot number located on the label to view its report.
As leaders in omega-3 innovation, NutraSea is proud to be a part of your health journey. To learn more about NutraSea products and to find out if they are right for you, come visit us in store today!