Dealing With Dry Eyes
Dry eye syndrome is a multifactorial disease in which there is an imbalance in the tear system accompanied by ocular symptoms. NutraSea Dry Eye helps improve symptoms of dry eye syndrome including support for proper tear function.
We use our eyes all day, every day. From the moment we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed. So, when dry eyes arise, they can wreak havoc fast by making simple activities quite challenging such as using a computer or driving a car.
What causes dry eye?
Dry eye syndrome prevalence is estimated to be 25% in Canada – that’s over 9.2 million people! Dry eyes can occur when an imbalance in the tear system accompanied by ocular symptoms. From aging and allergies to certain medications and medical conditions, a variety of factors can contribute to dry eyes. And while the odd instance of dry eye may not be too bothersome, chronic dry eye or dry eye syndrome can be quite difficult to manage.
Risk factors for dry eye include:
- Age, gender and race
- Gland dysfunction
- Connective tissue disease
- Sjogren syndrome
- Androgen deficiency
- Computer use
- Contact lens wear
- Estrogen replacement therapy
- Certain environmental conditions (such as pollution, low humidity, and sick building syndrome)
- Certain medications
Some common dry eye symptoms include:
- Dry or painful sensations in your eyes
- Redness or irritation
- Additional sensitivity to light
- Fatigued eyes
- Blurred vision
What about omega-3s for dry eyes?
The National Dry Eye Disease Guidelines for Canadian Optometrists lists omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA and omega-6 GLA as a long-term management strategy for chronic dry eye syndrome.
Why NutraSea Dry Eye?
Available in both liquid and soft gel form, NutraSea Dry Eye Targeted Omega-3 is formulated to help relieve and improve dry eye symptoms, including support for proper tear function. Speak to your optometrist about your eye health. NutraSea Dry Eye provides 1500 mg of EPA+DHA and 150 mg of GLA in just one teaspoon a day in a delicious citrus flavour, or four soft gels a day in a delicious fresh mint flavour.
NutraSea Dry Eye is recommended for:
- Source of omega-3 fatty acids for the maintenance of good health.
- Helps relieve and improve symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome.
- Helps provide relief/improve symptoms of dry eye syndrome including support for proper tear function (decreased rate of tear evaporation and increase in tear secretion).
- Helps support proper tear function in persons with Dry Eye Syndrome.
- Helps decrease the rate of tear evaporation in persons with Dry Eye Syndrome.
- Helps increase tear secretion in persons with Dry Eye Syndrome.
It is important to speak to your optometrist about your eyes and determine the best management strategy for your individual needs.
NutraSea Dry Eye is PureCheck third party tested assuring it has been independently tested for quality, purity, and label claims. In addition, NutraSea Dry Eye is Friend of the Sea certified and a 1% For the Planet member. NutraSea Dry Eye 200ml liquid is Non-GMO Project verified as well.