Bee Pollen, Nature’s Multivitamin
It’s a great day to remember that a planet without honeybees isn’t one we want to live in. Pesticides, colony collapse disorder, and habitat loss all pose a threat to the hardworking pollinators, which is why all of us need to step up.
- Bees pollinate 70 of the 100 crop species that feed 90% of the world. The produce aisle at your local grocery store would be half-empty without the bees.
- All of the other creatures that eat those plants would also be in danger (as would the animals that eat them)
- We would lose around $30 billion a year in crops. That means job loss, food loss, and a scarcity of fresh produce.
If you are making recipes that involve honey, support brands like Beekeeper’s Naturals that give back to companies that support saving the bees!
Bee Pollen, is nature’s multivitamin. It delivers protein and Vitamin B to nourish your body and support your busy schedule. It’s a powerful antioxidant that is may reduce inflammation, boost immunity and help your body manage the harmful effects of stress.
Here’s a great recipe with Beekeeper’s Naturals Raw Bee Pollen to make energy bites!
Maca + Pollen Energy Bites
(Makes 10-12 bites)
Experience triple threat energy with B.Powered, maca, and bee pollen! These tasty treats provide a great boost of energy—and because they’re so clean, they won’t tax your immune system (unlike more traditional sweets).
¾ cup rolled oats
1 cup ground almonds
4 Tbsp coconut oil
Zest of 1 orange
1 Tbsp yellow maca powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
3 Tbsp of Beekeeper’s Naturals B.Powered Honey
Desiccated coconut (dried & unsweetened)
Beekeeper’s Naturals Raw Bee Pollen
- Using a blender, blitz the rolled oats into a flour.
- Combine all ingredients, except coconut & bee pollen, in a bowl.
- 1 tablespoon at a time, roll mixture in bite sized balls.
- Pour shredded coconut and bee pollen onto individual side plates, and roll bites in each until covered.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or frozen for up to a month.
Beekeeper’s Naturals supports our favourite pollinators by:
- Always ensuring that their green apiaries are remote and far away from harmful chemicals, including pesticides.
- Never, EVER overharvesting the hives. In fact, they’re B.Corp certified.
- Letting the bees eat their natural, healthy diet. Honey, royal jelly, and propolis are always on the menu.
- Partnering with one of the leading bee research institutions to raise awareness and support pollinator protection: The University of California Davis Honey Bee Research Facility.
- Donating 10% of the profits from their apparel line to bee research.