What is a Solution?
Dosage forms such as tablets, capsules, & suspensions must be dissolved by digestive secretions or stomach acid (HCL), then ionized (solubilized) in order to be absorbed. This is a disadvantage, since stomach acid levels are unpredictable. In a solution, the active ingredients are completely dissolved in a liquid ionic form, ready for highest possible absorption. Generally, supplements in liquid form are much more readily broken down, and completely and quickly absorbed in the body. The Physician’s Desk Reference states that 85 percent to 90 percent of nutrients in liquid supplements are absorbed in 22 seconds to 30 seconds.1 It has been demonstrated that only 10 percent to 20 percent of the nutrients in pills actually are absorbed. The National Advisory Board states that 100 milligrams consumed in tablet form translates into a concentration of only 8.3 milligrams or 8.3 percent in the blood.2
Many factors can affect the absorption rates of vitamins & minerals, from the foods we eat right down to our age. As we age our body changes in many ways, including our metabolism, our body fat percentage, and absorption rates.3 Aging, combined with the already low absorption rates of pills, could significantly decrease the value of nutrients absorbed by the elderly when supplementing. A liquid solution could help.
Prairie Naturals Premium Line of Health “Solutions” offer a unique, proprietary, premium line of solutions that are:
• Completely soluble and 100% ready for absorption
• Typically taken in the morning and/or before bedtime
• Food is not required to achieve optimum absorption
• Formulated in a base of:
• Glacial water
• Organic fruit juice
• Natural flavours
• Diabetic friendly – no added artificial sweeteners
• Free of common allergens, artificial colours, binders or chemical solvents, lubricants or coatings
• Cruelty-free (not tested on animals), herbicide/pesticide free & non-GMO
• In easy-to-handle, environmentally conscious, opaque, #1 PETE, non-leaching plastic 500ml bottles
Look for the following Prairie Naturals Solutions in your Health First store today!
B Complex Solution
Calcium 2:1 Bone Solution
Calcium 1:1 Bone Solution
Kid’s Bone Solution
1 Physician’s Desk Reference (page 1542,#49).
2 PH Bennett, S Haffner, BL Kasiske, WF Keane, CE, National Advisory Board, – Am J Kidney Dis, 1995.
3. Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. Ninth Ed. Edit. by Molinoff and Ruddon. McGraw-Hill, New York.