A new year brings new changes. Whether it’s planning a trip, taking guitar lessons or losing weight, we want to make changes as we look towards the year ahead.
One promise many people make to themselves is to clean up their bodies. This involves changing habits and being mindful of what we are putting on and in our boodies. It can even extend to who we choose to have in our life and how we let the outside world affect us.
A very important part of this clean up process involves cleansing the toxins that have accumulated in the body over the years. The effects of our toxic world, processed foods, and high stress take a toll on our bodies, and slowly but surely our energy declines and our bodies begin to suffer.
What are the benefits of cleansing?
A good cleansing program will help ‘kick-start’ your health in many ways:
– Increase energy and vitality
– Enhance elimination
– Improve liver function
– Reduce toxic load
– Help with weight loss (your body holds anywhere from 5 – 20 pounds of excess water and fecal matter!)
How do I know what cleanse is right for me?
Renew Life, is an industry leader in cleansing and detoxification and has 3 full body cleanses to help no matter where you are at on your cleansing journey.
First Cleanse – Your First Step Towards Better Health
First Cleanse is a unique, 15 day all natural herbal cleanse, formulated specifically for the ‘first time’ or ‘sensitive’ cleanser. It is designed to stimulate the cleansing and detoxification process of the body’s 7 channels of elimination (liver, lungs, colon, kidneys, skin, blood and lmphatic system). First Cleanse is strong enough to be effective, yet gentle enough that it will not cause mild headaches or nausea that can result from detoxifying too quickly.
CleanseSMART – The Advanced Cleanse System
CleanseSMART is an advanced cleansing and detoxification program. This two-part cleanse is also designed to stimulate the body’s seven channels of elimination, but it is 4-5 times stronger than First Cleanse and more effective at eliminating constipation and improving bowel function.
Rapid Cleanse – When You Only Have 7 Days
If you only have 7 days to cleanse, Rapid Cleanse is your best choice for complete, total body cleansing. Rapid Cleanse is a powerful 3 part cleanse to detoxify all 7 of the body’s channels of elimination.
Renew Life cleanses are easy to take and there is no dedicated meal plan, although trying to improve your diet and drink more water is recommended.
Don’t Forget the Fibre!
Fibre while cleansing is a must. Fibre works to absorb toxins and eliminate them from the body. Soluble fibre acts like a sponge to absorb excess cholesterol and toxins and insoluble fibre ‘scours’ the intestinal tract and colon clean. FibreSMART is a unique, flax based fibre that contains 50% soluble and 50% insoluble fibre. It also contains ingredients to help heal and soothe the digestive tract.
Cleansing is an easy and simple way to start on your path towards better health. If you can, incorporate diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle changes afterwards, this is a fantastic way to keep your energy high and have great health. Here are some tips:
– Drink warm purified water with lemon juice to alkalize your body, cleanse and stimulate your liver and kidneys and kick-start digestion.
– Drink juices made of leafy greens. Chlorophyll in leafy greens builds up the blood with important nutrients and helps to promote regularity.
– Add more high fibre foods into your diet such as fruits, veggies, beans and lentils.
– Exercise regularly. The lymphatic system gathers toxins during exercise and releases them into the circulatory system, where they are processed and eliminated. Exercise also helps you sweat out toxins.
– Incorporate saunas, steam baths and hot bathtub soaks. The skin eliminates more cellular waste through the pores than the colon and kidneys combined.
– Add plants to your home or workplace. They filter toxins from the air and add oxygen.
– Reduce caffeine containing beverages. They are stimulants and highly diuretic leading to issues like constipation and sluggish liver.
– Don’t eat while you are stressed as this can cause poor digestion, poor elimination and weight gain.
– Ensure 2-3 proper bowel movements per day. This is important to remove toxins on a daily basis.
– Reevaluate your morning routine. The shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, body lotion and make-up you use every day is one of the largest sources of toxic exposure.
– Remove foods containing suspicious ingredients, artificial colours, sweeteners, chemical additives and preservatives.
Caroline Farquhar is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, digestive care specialist and lectures across Canada on digestive care, cleansing, and detoxification. She is a regular guest on TV and radio shows across the country and contributes articles for multiple websites and magazines.
Download your FREE Recipe e-book!