Ever felt like there was just too much information out there? These days, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the health information on our feeds. It can be conflicting, difficult to understand and, most of all, it can be hard to find information that we can actually trust.
Genuine Health has always been fascinated by research – as makers of all natural health supplements, we believe that we have a responsibility to provide you with education so you can make informed decisions about your health.
That’s why we’ve partnered with the University of Toronto’s Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy to offer Town Hall Medicine, a new digital health education platform for sharing the latest trusted, evidence-based research.
The first town hall summit focuses on the microbiome and its important impacts on our health. “We are all coming to the realization that we are just as much microbe as we are human – and we are understanding the impact that these microbes have on our health,” says Stewart Brown, Genuine Health’s founder and president.
The Town Hall Medicine Microbiome Summit is a little different from other health summits
The aim of the Town Hall Medicine Microbiome Summit is to provide information that is accurate, credible, proven and trusted – to give you the knowledge you need to live a healthier life. Through a series of digital “Summits,” you will discover the latest in health findings, directly from the researchers who are doing the research. So while many health summits present learnings as a series of lectures, Town Hall Medicine presents it in interviews directly with the researchers – to get to the heart of their work on the microbiome.
The Town Hall Medicine Microbiome Summit will provide you with access to 21 world-renowned researchers in more than 35 video interviews, exploring over 25 microbiome topics over five themes:
- The Paradigm Shift: The first theme will teach you about how we are on the verge of a massive breakthrough in the way that health is understood. You will learn the basics of the microbiome, why a diverse microbiome is key to overall health, and how even nature has its own microbiome.
- Established Thinking: The way that medicine is practiced and food is produced still follows established thinking that is slow to change. You will learn about how we are currently in the midst of a “hygiene hangover,” and what this means for our overall health. You will also learn about the history of probiotics directly from the researcher who fought so hard to coin this term.
- Impacts of Sanitization: Sanitization has obliterated many infectious diseases. But at what cost to our health? Chronic disorders – like depression, autism, allergies, asthma and autoimmune disease – are on the rise. You will learn about how some chronic diseases and disorders could actually originate in the gut, and how the microbiome could be a better predictor of type 1 diabetes than genetics.
- The New Path to Health: With all of the new discoveries about the microbiome being made, what can we expect the future of medicine to bring? You will learn about how stress and aging can impact your microbiome – and what you can do about it. You will also learn about how the state of your microbiome can influence how well a medical treatment works – and what is still left to learn.
- Love Your Microbiome: There is only one way forward – to love our microbiome! There are practical ways to nurture our bacteria in today’s day and age. You will learn how to use fermentation to boost the nutrition and digestibility of your food at home – directly from the internationally recognized expert, Sandor Katz. You will learn the science and history behind the anti-inflammatory diets that support digestion and nurture bacteria like the FODMAP Diet. You will also learn about some of the technology being used to better understand the microbiome and the complex interactions between microbes and the body.
The more we know, the more we can do together
“Education has always been important to me, and this project was always about creating good, solid information. I hope people get a better understanding about how to look after their health, and a better understanding of how to be healthier,” says Brown.
The Microbiome Summit will give you the trusted information you need to live a healthier life. We hope you join us on this educational journey.
Learn more at townhallmedicine.com/healthfirst