You can only push yourself as far as your body allows. That’s why every great athlete has a recovery plan.
The right post-workout, post-adventure or post-game strategy will help you battle soreness, improve strength, build muscle and way more. Without it, however, you’ll find yourself stuck in a never-ending cycle of poor progress.
Here are three of our favourite recovery products that’ll work for everyone from beginner to seasoned athlete.
1) Fermented L-Glutamine for Muscle Recovery & Immune Function
Glutamine has become a core recovery agent for top athletes and adventurers everywhere. It’s been around for years and continues to sell—because it works.
First, glutamine assists with muscle cell repair after exercise. This means it’ll help ensure you won’t feel crippled for days after a tough workout.
Second, it supports immune function following periods of physical stress. When you workout, play hard or experience any other stress, your immune system takes a dive. (That’s why endurance athletes seem to get sick more often than their friends.)
If you’re looking for a quality glutamine product, we recommend Fermented L-Glutamine by Iron Vegan. It’s plant-based, non-GMO, gluten free, kosher and tested for banned substances. What more could you ask for!
2) Athlete’s Blend for Advanced Recovery (…You Won’t Find Elsewhere)
If you’re reading this, you likely know about protein for recovery. It provides the all-important amino acids that help to rebuild muscle tissue.
However, if you workout, play sports or love the kind of adventure that leaves you gasping for air, then you need advanced recovery. Protein is just the beginning of your body’s need for regeneration.
What exactly would go into an advanced recovery product? We’re glad you asked! Here are a few examples of awesome sport nutrients.
- Fermented L-Glutamine. We just talked about this one, so no further explanation required.
- Fermented BCAAs. Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are considered the building blocks of muscle. They help to protect your lean tissue and promote recovery after exercise.
- It’s an amino acid found in the heart and brain that has been shown to improve both mental performance and physical stamina. It also works in combination with BCAAs to reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
- Beet Root. Nitric Oxide (NO) causes blood vessels to dilate, allowing more nutrients into your muscles and energy into your cells. Unfortunately, supplements like arginine require a lot of oxygen to produce NO, which isn’t readily available in anyone performing high-intensity, short-bursts.Beet Root uses a different pathway. It is high in nitrates that convert to nitrites in the mouth and then into NO in the stomach. This process, unlike with arginine, doesn’t require oxygen, making it an ideal source for everyone.
- Your body takes a beating while you play and train, resulting in free radicals and stress that can compromise your health.Quercetin is a phytochemical, found in fruits in vegetables, that acts as a potent antioxidant and immune-supporter to protect you from the negative consequences of intense activity.
- It’s an important mineral for hundreds of functions in the body. For instance, it supports immune function and improves tissue formation.
Where can you get all this? Iron Vegan Athlete’s Blend! It features 30g of organic, non-GMO protein, along with these 6 proven recovery nutrients. Plus, it’s tested for banned substances so even the most elite athletes can trust it.
3) Low Sugar Bars for an Instant Hit of Protein
Life gets busy, making it hard to always have the right nutrition on hand. You don’t always have the time or tools to mix up a protein shake, do you? A quality protein bar, on the other hand, is always ready to help you out.
But beware! Many protein bars are low in fibre and high in sugar. If you want something that fuels your body, satisfies your cravings and doesn’t leave you with a big time sugar crash, then you need to make a smarter choice.
That’s why we recommend Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein bars. They’re loaded with 16g of protein from their highly popular Sprouted Protein powder product. Plus they have up to 17g of fibre and only 4g of natural sugars. And better still, their Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate Brownie flavours are out of this world delicious!
Think Plants are for Weaklings?
Many people once thought plant products were for weaklings. Thankfully, that thinking is becoming a part of the past. Animal products have their place, but research is continuing to reveal the true value of plant-based protein and recovery products.
Vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters alike are turning to the power of plants. Countless athletes and active lifestyle enthusiasts are adding vegan products to their day–quite simply–because they work.
Are you ready?
Whether you’re an active person looking for more quality protein or a high performance athlete in need of advanced recovery, IRON VEGAN has you covered. Try adding Athlete Blend, L-Glutamine and the Sprouted Protein bar to your daily regime and discover exactly why so many others are taking the leap.