Black Seed, also sometimes called Black Cumin Seed, dates back 5000 years as a medicinal mainstay, today 200 medical studies reveal its therapeutic uses.
You simply have to look to the past for proof that it works. Black Seeds were found in King Tutankhamen’s tomb — physicians prescribed them to Egyptian pharaohs after extravagant feasts to calm upset stomachs. They were used by Queen Nefertiti as a health and beauty aid. They were considered valuable for digestive disorders by Hippocrates, and have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries for hepatitis, fever, diarrhea and cough.
Enerex Black Seed Oil is sourced out of Turkey and offers 100% first cold-pressed oil for maximum potency of its rich properties, which is taken as an antioxidant supplement or an alternative to other antibacterial, antiviral or immune-enhancing herbals. It is Black Seed’s unique ingredients, called crystalline nigellone and thymoquinone, that knock out invading viruses, bacteria, and destructive renegade molecules.
In addition, Enerex Black Seed Oil is 100% certified organic Black Seed Oil, containing Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols and super antioxidants.
The seeds of greatness
Black Seed contains over 100 active chemical compounds that may increase health. The three ingredients most studied for their effects are:
- Crystalline nigellone – well researched for increasing immune function, especially respiratory health;
- Thymoquinone – researched for cancer treatment, a compound not yet detected in any other plant;
- Beta sitosterol – highly researched for gallstones, urinary/prostate health, cancer and cholesterol reduction.
Black Seed’s other nutrients:
- Black Seed contains good fats: oleic acid (olive oil’s health-giving component); poly and monounsaturated unsaturated fatty acids including omega 3 (linolenic acid), omega 6 (linoleic acid), and omega 7 (palmitoleic acid, and arachidonic acid).
- It contains protein: 8 of the 9 essential amino acids that are combined to make “whole” protein.
- Black Seed also has vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, folic acid, calcium, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorous.
Enerex Black Seed Oil is a powerful antiviral and antibacterial remedy, with several recent studies showing that Black Seed can reduce even virulent strains of Salmonella and other bacteria that are becoming resistant to antibiotics. It may also be helpful for viral illnesses as serious as HIV. This potent oil even has a patent for its antibacterial effects, which are said to be due to its unique ingredient called thymoquinone.
Enerex Black Seed Oil offers well-researched antioxidant benefits. Studies have found that Black Seed’s effects on the immune system’s natural killer cells may reduce liver infection; and in one study, cancer tumor growth was reduced by 50% due to Black Seed’s effects on immune cells. It is Black Seed’s unique ingredients called crystalline nigellone and thymoquinone that knock out invading viruses and destructive renegade molecules that may cause diseases from cancer to arthritis.
Allergies / Asthma
Black Seed is quickly becoming the herbal oil to watch with its anti-inflammatory compounds to reduce symptoms of asthma, hay fever and eczema. This unique oil even has a medical patent for its asthma benefits. Enerex Black Seed Oil offers an easy way to take the herbal remedy that has been shown in research to reduce symptoms of allergic reactions that are shown on the skin or in the respiratory system.
EACH HALF TEASPOON (2.5 ml) CONTAINS:
Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa, seed) 2,000 mg
Providing: 50% Linoleic Acid and 25% Oleic Acid
Vitamin E (mixed Tocopherol Concentrate) 45.5 mg
d-Alpha Tocopherol 25 IU 16.75 mg
d-Gamma Tocopherol 20.5 mg
d-Delta Tocopherol 7.65 mg
Adults: Take half a teaspoon (2g = 2.5ml) once daily with food, diluted in water or juice, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
1. Bacterial infections: As effective against salmonella/staph poisoning as antibiotics, even antibiotic-ineffective species. (Sarwar A, Latif Z. Nat Prod Res. 2014 Aug 22:1-5, University of Punjab, Pakistan)
2. Immune function: Aids viral respiratory illnesses by boosting natural killer cell activity. (Int J Immunopharmacol. 2000 Sep;22(9):729-40 & Pak J, Biol Sci. 2011 Dec 1;14(23):1038-46)
3. Anti-inflammatory: Ali BH1, Blunden G. “Pharmacological and toxicological properties of…”Phytother Res. 2003 Apr;17(4):299-305. King Saud University, Buraydah, Saudi Arabia
4. Antioxidant: Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2010 Aug;50(7):654-65
5. Analgesic: Hajhashemi V1, et. al. “Black cumin seed essential oil, as a potent analgesic, anti-inflammatory…” Phytother Res. 2004 Mar;18(3):195-9. Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Iran
6. Psoriasis/ezcema: Equivalent to standard eczema drug tazarotene; helps stop psoriasis from spreading. (Dwarampudi LP, Palaniswamy D, Pharmacogn Mag. 2012 Oct;8(32):268-72)
7. Cancer: Increases growth of bone marrow cells, inhibits tumour growth, supports immune macrophages/helper T-cells. Intern. J Immunopharm, 2005 & Oxford U’s Digestive Disease Sciences 2009 & Journal of Ethnopharm 2011
8. Asthma/Allergies: Anti-inflammatory compounds reduce asthma, hayfever, allergy symptoms. (Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Feb;22(1):37-43)
9. Diabetes: As adjuvant, improved glycemic control & blood glucose balancing due to improved insulin sensitivity. (2010, King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia & 2011, University of Montreal, Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2010 Aug;50(7):654-65)
10. Vitamin E: Liu M, Wallin R, “Mixed tocopherols have stronger inhibitory effect on lipid peroxidation… J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2002;39(5):714-21 & Qing Jiang, Stephan Christen, “Gamma Tocopherol, major form of vitamin E …, deserves more attention,” Am J Clin Nut, Vol. 74, No. 6, 714-722, 2001
11. Depression: Bin Sayeed MS, et al., “Nigella sativa L. seeds modulate mood, anxiety…” J Ethnopharmacol. 2014 Feb 27;152(1):156-62, University Dhaka, Bangladesh
12. Cardiovascular: Shabana A1, et al., “Cardiovascular benefits of black cumin…” Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2013 Mar;13(1):9-21. Depart. Cardiology, Hamad Medical Corp, Qatar
13. Mohannad Khader, Thymoquinone: emerging natural drug with … medical applications. ”Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2014 Dec; 17(12): 950–957.