We are all about the proper social distancing but that doesn’t mean we are going to forego the opportunity to get together with our friends and family in the backyard. For a delicious and nutritious twist on some of your favourite summertime treats try out these amazing organic superfood enhanced recipes.
1) Mix powders, water, and sparkling water or ginger ale in a large pitcher.
2) Add chopped fruit and stir.
3) Allow to marinate, chilled, for at least 30 minutes.
4) Makes 3-4 full glasses.
Superfood Pesto Flatbread
2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half
3 tsp of Olive Oil
4 (2-Ounces Each) Multigrain Flatbreads
1/4 Cup SuperFood Pesto (see recipe below)
4 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella, Shredded
4 Cups Loosely Packed Baby Arugula Leaves
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (Optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Combine the grape tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of olive oil, tossing to coat. Place the tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until softened. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
3) Place the flatbreads on 2 baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until beginning to crisp. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each flatbread. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes. Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4) While the flatbreads bake, combine the arugula and remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, tossing well. Top the flatbreads evenly with arugula. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, if desired.
1 Cup Raw Cashews
1 Cup Basil Leaves
3/4 Cup Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Prairie Naturals Organic Aqua Greens Powder
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 a Lemon’s Juice
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1) Soak cashews in warm water for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2) Drain cashews. Add to food processor with basil and garlic.
3) Pulse until cashews are finely chopped.
4) Add yeast, Aqua Greens, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
5) Gradually add oil with the food processor running on low.
6) Serve as a dip with crackers, add to pasta, flatbreads or spiralize a zucchini to make healthy green noodles.
1 Large Ripe Avocado
1 Small Tomato, Diced
1/2 Small Onion, Minced
1/2 a Lime’s Juice
1 tsp Prairie Naturals Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1) Peel a ripe avocado and smash with a fork.
2) Finely chop half onion and dice small tomato.
3) Mix well combined ingredients.
4) Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Moringa.
5) Squeeze half a lime’s juice over the Moringa powder.
6) Add salt & pepper to taste.
7) Mix well and enjoy