Fermented Vegan Apple Sauce
Thanksgiving is just around the corner – try this sweet yet healthy recipe that will impress the whole family!
1 scoop unflavoured Progressive Harmonized Fermented Vegan Protein
8 medium apples
4 tablespoons of water kefir or Original Kombucha
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
- Peel, core, and coarsely chop the apples.
- Place apples in a food processor with rest of ingredients and process to form a chunky texture.
- Transfer to a sterilized 1 L canning jar leaving a gap at the top.
- Place the lid on top and leave at room temperature for 1 day or a little longer if you like it slightly more fermented. Each day you may need to relieve the pressure by releasing the lid.
- Once fermented, store in the refrigerator.
Serve on its own or topped with homemade granola or yogurt.