Most of us tend to think of the brain as an isolated control centre for all our other organs. But the fact is, our inner workings are far more synergistic. According to Karen Jensen, naturopathic doctor and author of Three Brains: How the Heart, Brain, and Gut Influence Mental Health and Identity, there is a growing body of evidence to suggest we actually have three “brains” and their interaction influences our overall health. She suggests, “nutrients from whole foods, exercise, and supplements are effective, non-invasive ways to support the ‘three brains’ interaction and optimize mental health and cognition.”
Head brain – Cognition, clarity of thought, and memory are key brain functions. Our brains have high oxygen and energy demands. So, when nutritional gaps, stress, or irregular sleep prevail, then mental sharpness and concentration can suffer.
Heart brain – Recent discoveries* in the area of neurocardiology have shown that the messages the heart sends the brain affect our perceptions, mental processes, feelings, and performance in profound ways.
Gut brain – The gut brain contains approximately 100 million neurons and it can work both independently of, and in conjunction with, the head brain. Studies suggest* gut microbiota communicate with the head brain and may play a role in mood and cognition. This gut-brain connection is an exciting emerging field called neurogastroenterology.
*According to Karen Jensen, in her book: Three Brains: How the Heart, Brain, and Gut Influence Mental Health and Identity
GIVE YOUR BRAINS WHAT THEY NEED
We need brain-boosting nutrients for brain function; antioxidants to prevent free radical damage; and omega-3s to help support cognitive health and brain function. The 3 Brains line of supplements is designed to support the critical relationship between the heart brain, the gut brain, and the head brain.
Daily Brain™ Kit – Comprehensive support for cognitive health
The Daily Brain kit includes five supplements that are essential for “three-brain health” – Sharp-PS® phosphatidylserine, Meriva® curcumin, omega-3 EPA/DHA, grapeseed extract, and a high-potency probiotic – in convenient daily cello packs.
• Takes the guesswork out of supporting brain health
• Grapeseed extract and curcumin deliver strong antioxidant support
• Phosphatidylserine supports cognitive function
• 900 mg of omega-3 EPA/DHA contributes to cardiovascular health and brain function
• 10 billion cfu† probiotic contains five strains to support gastrointestinal health
†cfu: colony forming units
Brilliant Mind™ – Supports cognitive health and brain function
Brilliant Mind is specifically formulated to support cognitive and cardiovascular health by combining nutrients that nourish both the brain and heart. Omega-3 fatty acids support cardiovascular health and cognitive function, while green tea extract provides antioxidant support.
• Helps maintain cardiovascular health
• Supports cognitive function and brain function
• Uses Sharp-PS® phosphatidylserine, a non-GMO sunflower lecithin complex
• 50 mg green tea extract, standardized to contain 75% catechins, 40% EGCG*
Memory Boost – Enhances memory and cognitive function
This comprehensive formula contains seven brain-boosting nutrients, extracts, and antioxidants that work together to supply the brain with energy, to protect neurons, and to defend the brain against free radical damage.
• Contains Huperzine A from the herb Huperzia serrata
• Source of powerful antioxidants, alpha-lipoic acid and N-acetyl-L-cysteine
• Enhances cognitive function in adults with Ginkgo biloba
Cloud Nine – Helps promote healthy mood balance
This formula combines vitamin B6, inositol, saffron extract, and 5-HTP made from the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia, which together can promote a sense of comfort, contentment, and well-being.
• Promotes healthy mood balance
• Useful as a natural sleep aid when used before bedtime
• Enteric coating minimizes gastric discomfort and optimizes absorption
Stress Less – Relieves symptoms of stress such as mental fatigue
This blend of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and Panax ginseng extracts, promotes a healthy response to both physical and mental stressors. Green tea extract provides antioxidants that help defend against free radical damage.
• Helps to temporarily relieve the symptoms of stress
• Natural, non-habit forming way to support cognitive function
• Contains adaptogenic herbs to help support mental stamina and focus
• Enhances physical performance in cases of physical stress
• Promotes healthy glucose levels and supports liver function
Restful Sleep™ – Helps relieve insomnia due to mental stress
Restful Sleep combines four non-habit-forming herbal extracts that have been traditionally used in herbal medicine as mild sleep aids, especially in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress. The ingredients in this unique formula also have an analgesic effect that further promotes relaxed and restful sleep.
• Promotes healthy sleep
• Helps relieve insomnia, nervousness, and restlessness caused by mental stress
• Acts as a natural, non-habit-forming mild sleep aid
• Provides an analgesic action
NEW! Brain Defence – Helps relieve symptoms of stress and digestive disturbances
Brain Defence is a blend of five herbal extracts, selected for their effectiveness in supporting cognitive, cardiovascular, and intestinal health while reducing the effects of mental and physical stress. This unique formula helps relieve mild discomfort related to digestive disturbances and acts as a calmative to defend healthy cognitive function.
• Reduces symptoms of stress including fatigue, sleeplessness and irritability
• Improves concentration
• Helps relieve gastrointestinal inflammatory conditions
• Eases mild digestive disturbances