What does winter mean to you?
Are you one of the unfortunate people who can bank on getting at least four colds every winter?
Do the darker nights fill you with dread and the colder days with shivers? Do you anticipate these symptoms with grim certainty every winter?
• Head full of cement
• Nose dripping like a leaky tap
• A sore throat a giraffe would be proud of
• Perpetual cough
• Rattling chest
Here’s how to cope!
Truly, it doesn’t have to be this way. You know those irritating people who breeze through the winter never catching a thing except the fulminating eye of their germ-ridden colleagues? That could be you this year!
Our white blood cells have the ability to detect and destroy bacteria and viruses before they cause harm, so it is in our best interest to see that they have everything they need to function well:
• Rest – get plenty of sleep, at least 8 hours of restful sleep at night.
• Laughter – your immune system works best when you are happy!
• Get some fresh air each day, rather than huddling in centrally heated homes and offices, and cars heated up like small ovens. Suggestion: walk for at least 20 minutes outdoors per day.
• Reduce your intake of refined sugar as it can suppress their immune system, making it less effective, and feed your body with whole natural foods.
• In most cases, the cold and flu virus enters the body through the eyes, nose or mouth.
So, wash your hands with soap and water regularly to help prevent the spread of infection.
Need additional help?
Echinacea improves the way the immune system recognizes and kills bugs, jumping on them before they have a chance to cause trouble in the body. Echinaforce®, a fresh, organic Echinacea purpurea extract, has been shown to work by improving the immune response to any potential bug, making it less likely that you’ll fall prey to any kind of infection, from colds to throat or chest infections.
If you do catch a cold or a flu, Echinaforce® provides relief as well. It has been shown in research to reduce both the severity of the symptoms of cold and flu, and the number of days of infection. The latest research shows that Echinaforce® adapts its activity to the health of each individual, offering greater support where there is greater need. When we are stressed, run down and/or smoking, Echinaforce® will work harder for us than when we’re strong and happy!
What about the Echinaforce® Extra-Strength Hot Drink?
A.Vogel Echinaforce® Extra-Strength Hot Drink is a natural and effective combination of Echinacea purpurea and Elderberry designed to help combat common cold and flu symptoms and relieve upper respiratory tract infections. It contains the same Echinacea medicine – known for its antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties – as in the other Echinaforce® products with the added ingredient of Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) – which is rich in vitamin C and contains antioxidants- to support immune system. Because it has a great berry flavour, it’s a medicine you’ll look forward to taking!
A 2008 study conducted by the Common Cold Centre at Cardiff University concluded that there was evidence to support the folklore that “A hot tasty drink is a beneficial treatment for relief of most symptoms of common cold and flu”. The study showed that subjects with cold infections who consumed a hot drink demonstrated a subjective but significant improvement in their symptoms (runny nose, cough, sore throat, fatigue) versus subjects given the same drink at room temperature.
Echinaforce® Extra-Strength Hot Drink is a soothing way to help you feel better faster – just one teaspoon 3 times daily stirred in hot water and enjoy! It can be used for prevention by taking one teaspoon daily in hot water.
The cold and flu relief you need. The comfort you crave.
Echinaforce® Extra-Strength Hot Drink:
• Helps relieve symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections such as common cold. Take at the first sign of infection. NPN 80040234
• 100% natural
• Organic cultivation certified by Bio Suisse
• Clinically proven to assist in treatment of cold and flu symptoms
• Safe to take and won’t interfere with other medications.
• Does not cause drowsiness
• Free of lactose, gluten and added colouring
• Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking immunosuppressants, or if you have a progressive systemic disease such as tuberculosis, leucosis, collagenosis, or multiple sclerosis.
• Discontinue immediately in case of hypersensitivity/ allergic reaction.
• Do not use if you have an allergy to Asteraceae/ Compositae (daisy) family and elderberries or in case of known allergy to any of the ingredients in the product.