Colds & Flu Not for You?
Unless you live in a bubble, you’ll be exposed to viruses. Minimizing your risk of infection is essential. But how does one successfully ward off the winter germs lurking on every doorknob, in every public bathroom and on every grab rail of your morning train or bus to work or school.
With a little preparation, you can ensure that common cold viruses don’t dominate your winter. Take note of the factors which have a negative effect on immune function:
- A bad diet—junk food, lots of caffeine, not enough vegetables and fruit.
- Sugar—this common ‘food’ competes with vitamin C.
- Fatty foods—a high fat intake makes your immune cells lazy. They lie around sleepy instead of going out on patrol looking for bad viruses!
- Alcohol in large amounts is bad for your immune cells. They become disorientated and confused…just like us!
- Smoking is bad for immune function as well as everything else in the body.
- Lack of sleep suppresses immune function.
- Being stressed and unhappy depresses your immune response.
And support those brave little cells, as they struggle against shape-shifting viruses and cunning bacteria, with the all-round action of Echinacea.
Science on your side
Echinacea is one of the best-researched herbs around. One study is particularly interesting for those who want to be prepared for the unexpected bug. We all know that Echinacea helps the body fight symptoms of colds and flu by strengthening the normal functioning of the immune system.
In 2012, scientists at the Cardiff University School of Biosciences completed the largest clinical study on Echinacea purpurea in history using A.Vogel’s Echinaforce®, made from fresh organic, GMO free plants. This research shows that this particular preparation of Echinacea acts adaptively according to the health of the individual. When we’re stressed and run down, Echinacea will work harder for us than when we’re strong and happy.
This study also showed that this Echinacea preparation was deemed safe to take, as directed, for up to four months and reduce your chance of catching a cold or flu by 50%.
Echinaforce® Hot Drink Proven as Effective as Prescription Medication… But Better!
When you’re sick, it can feel like you’ve been hit by an unexpected blizzard. Calm the storm with Echinaforce®, a powerful remedy that’s clinically proven to treat nasty cold and flu symptoms and can be taken by children ages 2 and up.
In a 2015 study, Echinaforce® Hot Drink was shown to be as effective as the Oseltamivir, the gold standard for treatment and prevention of influenza. Echinaforce® Hot Drink outperformed Oseltamivir in measures of risk of complications and safety and side effects. In the Oseltamivir group, pneumonia, sinusitis, bronchitis and other complications occurred at a higher rate compared Echinaforce® Hot Drink group.
Unlike Oseltamivir, Echinaforce® Hot Drink’s availability as an over-the- counter medicine makes it an optimal treatment for influenza at the earliest onset of symptoms, which is a key factor when treating common viral infections. It maintains effectiveness when taken repeatedly and does not cause rebound effects on discontinuation.
When Cold & Flu Attack, Fight Back with Echinaforce® products!
Echinaforce® is clinically proven to help prevent and relieve cold symptoms and Echinaforce® shortens the duration of upper respiratory tract infections. An entire family of Echinaforce® is available, including the Hot Drink, a great tasting hot liquid medicine.
Echinaforce® products are:
- Used in Herbal Medicine to support the immune system, especially in times of stress, lack of sleep and for smokers.
- 100% natural
- Clinically proven
- Made from fresh organically-grown Echinacea – certified by Bio Suisse
- Do not cause drowsiness
- Free of gluten and added colouring
- Available in liquid and tablet format
- NPN 80018273, NPN 80021981, NPN 80023238, NPN 80038468, NPN 80040234