Coconut Chips are the Newest SuperFood Snack Craze
We’ve all gone nuts for coconuts! Canadians have fallen in love with the unmistakable flavour of this superfood in its many delectable forms: coconut milk, coconut water, coconut nectar, and coconut oil. The latest coconut craze to titillate our taste buds is organic, oven-toasted “coconut chips.”
The Power of SuperFood Snacks
For thousands of years, coconuts have been appreciated as a nutrient-dense natural and sustainable food source in the daily diets of millions of people around the world. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals. As a super food snack, coconut chips provide a quick, nutritious solution to between-meals hunger and energy crashes. Choose coconut chips that are organic, vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.
The elegant coconut palm tree (Cocos nucifera) is one of the most beautiful and versatile plants on our entire planet. Found throughout tropical and subtropical areas the coconut palm is revered for its amazing versatility. The so-called “nut” of a coconut palm is actually not a nut at all. It is a fruit. This is good news for people with tree nut sensitivities since coconut is generally well tolerated.
What’s So Great About Coconut?
Researchers have shown that eating coconut has been shown to protect against heart disease and stroke. The polyphenols and phytosterols in coconut work together to decrease LDL cholesterol, which poses a risk for cardiovascular diseases. It’s interesting to note that the indigenous peoples from New Guinea and New Zealand, whose staple food is coconut, have no incidence whatsoever of stroke and heart disease in their respective populations.
• Provides a nutritious source of quick energy.
• Boosts energy and endurance.
• Enhances physical and athletic performance.
• Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients.
• Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
• Improves digestion and bowel function.
• Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
• Reduces inflammation.
• Supports tissue healing and repair.
• Supports and aids immune system function.
• Improves cholesterol ratio of LDL:HDL
• Promotes healthy-looking hair and complexion.
• Vegan & gluten-free.
Pina-Colada Smoothie Recipe
1 cup Pineapple Juice
½ cup Organic Coconut Milk
½ cup Organic Coconut Chips
½ cup crushed ice – Blend for 60 seconds until smooth & creamy. Makes 1 large serving.